The Dale Carnegie program has been very helpful in improving my sales efforts. The program really does teach sales tactics that work. This video blog speaks specifically about principle #1 - "Don't Criticize, Condemn or Complain" and how I have used this to improve my sales efforts. This video blog is part of a 30 blog article series on each of Dale Carnegie's principles to Win Friends And Influence People.
Below is the full list of the 30 principles from Dale Carnegie's book How To Win Friends and Influence People.
Dale Carnegie's 30 Principles To Win Friends & Influence People
1. Don't Criticize, Condemn or Complain
2. Give Honest, Sincere, Appreciation
3. Arouse In The Other Person An Eager Want
4. Become Genuinely Interested In Other People
6. Remember That A Person's Name Is To That Person The Sweetest And Most Important Sound In Any Language
7. Be A Good Listener. Encourage Others To Talk About Themselves
8. Talk In Terms Of The Other Person's Interests
9. Make The Other Person Feel Important - And Do It Sincerely
10. The Only Way To Get The Best Of An Argument Is To Avoid It
11. Show Respect For The Other Person's Opinion. Never Say, "You're Wrong."
12. If You Are Wrong Admit It Quickly And Emphatically
13. Begin In A Friendly Manner
14. Get The Other Person Saying "Yes, Yes"
15. Let The Other Person Do A Great Deal Of The Talking
16. Let The Other Person Feel That The Idea Is His Or Hers
17. Try Honestly To See Things From The Other Person's Point Of View
18. Be Sympathetic With The Other Person's Ideas And Desires
19. Appeal To The Nobler Motives
20. Dramatize Your Ideas
21. Throw Down A Challenge
22. Begin With Praise And Honest Appreciation
23. Call Attention To People's Mistakes Indirectly
24. Talk About Your Own Mistakes Before Criticizing The Other Person
25. Ask Questions Instead Of Giving Direct Orders
26. Let The Other Person Save Face
27. Praise The Slightest Improvement And Praise Every Improvement. Be "Hearty In Your Approbation And Lavish In Your Praise".
28. Give The Other Person A Fine Reputation To Live Up To
29. Use Encouragement. Make The Fault Seem Easy To Correct
30. Make The Other Person Happy About Doing The Thing You Suggest
I have found these principles to be surprisingly effective beyond what I thought was ever possible. If you run a business, work in business, or just want to become better at dealing with people I would highly recommend you either take the Dale Carnegie course or buy the book How To Win Friends and Influence People to read. You can find it for a relatively cheap price on www.amazon.com. I guarantee if you take the course and read the principles it will be one of the greatest investments, if not the best, you ever make in your career.
Profitworks helps various B2B small businesses in Waterloo and Kitchener, Ontario generate new customers by creating and executing joint sales & marketing plans. One component of the services we provide is conducting sales calls and making sales presentations. If you are interested in generating new customers for your B2B small business enter your email in the box provided below and click the Send Me Free Updates button. You will then receive free updates from this blog to your email.
I hope this video blog on sales tactics that work has been helpful. If you are interested in learning more about taking the Dale Carnegie program I highly recommend you contact Troy Treleaven of Dale Carnegie Canada to inquire more about the program. Just Contact Us and we will put you in contact with him directly.